Thursday, December 30, 2004

A clarification

I did want to clarify a little in my last post (note: this may not make things clearer since I am saying this on my 3rd (historically - the roughest) day after chemo). I do not want to make it sound like the lack of side effects and the ease (in comparison to the other people I see in the oncology ward who are sipping their pop or coffee) is due to me... the last thing I wanted, was to come off as prideful. I have already been down that road in my life and have fallen flat on my face. The reason why I am blessed is because my God is choosing to bless me... undeserved, unearned grace - available to all if they ask.

I tend to look at it like this. We are responsible for what we know to do. For example, An addict is responsible to being willing to change whatever friends, input, where he goes, etc. to get free of his addiction. That said, that is just one of his small steps. However, when I listen to the stories of the people who went through Teen Challenge, they would never have made it on their own. God did it all and all the glory goes to him. In the same way, I am trying to do my part and bring my loaves and fish to the Lord for Him to work miracles... I did not want to come off that I am somehow doing this on my own...

Isaiah 48: 10 See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.

And hopefully this makes things clearer and not fuzzier (maybe I can have a clarification to my clarification post :) )...

2 Comments:

Anonymous David said...

Paul - all this seems some time ago - how are you doing now?

I have been working on a site for cancer victims to receive prayer. It is one of the missions fo my life.

http://fireandgrace.blogspot.com/search/label/Cancer

Blessings, David

Tue Jan 26, 07:32:00 AM PST  
Blogger Seltzer said...

It was. I will be at the five year point of being done with cancer in just a few months.

I'm doing well. Nobody would ever know by looking at me that I had cancer before.

I guess I am on a similar track. My passion is physical healing so I came to Bill Johnson's School of the Supernatural a year and a half ago in order to be a person who can see tumors disappear when praying.

Wed Jan 27, 08:48:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home