Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Stewardship and stress

I think one of the most essential things God has taught me related to stress is the principle of stewardship. I have only heard this a million times in church, but until recently, I had never applied it. The principle of stewardship goes far beyond tithing. It is declaring God the owner of all the possessions I have, my body, mind, reputation, etc. God takes care of things far better than I do. Since I am no longer the owner, the attachment starts to wear off of me to "my" belongings. When something goes wrong, it reminds me that the item was really God's and not mine. Whatever he wants to do with it is His decision, not mine. While viewing things from that approach, it becomes much easier to not have to control everything. It also makes me a more fun person to be around. While I still am responsible for doing my part in taking care of items, it is ultimately up to God to take care of everything.

"I have held many things in my hands and have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." - Martin Luther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home