Monday, June 18, 2007

Healing and my last two weeks...

My God is incredible... His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Let me explain...

I have been working at Teen Challenge for the last couple of weeks. It is incredible. It is like working at a revival. People seem to constantly be turning their lives over to God, hearts are changed, addictions are broken, bodies are healed, demons flee, etc. A major component of the job is confrontation. It is my job to confront the teen guys when they are breaking the rules. Now, I had always thought of myself as a relatively bold person and thought this was a strength of mine to some extent... until when I started working here. For whatever reason I just felt incredibly, overwhelmingly passive and borderline fearful of confrontation. I was constantly praying about it, taking authority over any enemy spirit of fear, etc. but there was no change. To not be able to confront in a job where my role is to confront is NOT a good thing (thankfully things had not gotten too out-of-hand yet). I was asking people to pray, etc. Now, on Monday I came to the place of brokenness. I gave up and quit and told God it had to be in His strength and for His glory, because in my flesh I got nothing.

And the results were incredible. The boldness came back. Only by His Spirit has He made this former issue, not an issue. And it is clear that there is absolutely no way I can take credit for it. It has been a constant reminding myself that I trust in the Lord for the future and thanking Him for what He is doing.

Now, my first day at TC, God let me have the privilege to be used by Him to lay hands on someone who was sick and see them healed. Often times, when that had happened in the past, I would know not to take credit for it (all I did was be willing to pray/ take authority over Satan (if the Spirit led in this way)/ etc.), but it always seemed like I was fighting against pride. As a result, when pride entered in, the Spirit's flow stops and I am empty. So as a result of the post that the Spirit was working on me to write on Monday, I knew that anytime the Spirit did anything through me, I could take no credit for it; I am powerless to control or manipulate God to do as I want Him to.

Now then, I was watching Richard Roberts (president of Oral Roberts University and puts on healing crusades) talk a few days ago on Sky Angel (which I recommend constantly to everyone). He told how Jesus always spoke at the problem. He commanded healing to occur. He did not simply pray for the person. This is what Jesus taught as well. He said to speak to the mountain. So armed with the knowledge of how helpless I am... to see one healed or to not walk in pride afterwards, but yet with His boldness and Spirit overflowing, I got to pray for a few people at work yesterday. And a knee was healed, a headache was healed, and a cramping in a guys gut were healed, as the Spirit worked through me. His strength is made perfect in weakness. So then my mom's knees and feet seem to be healed today and my car, whose left blinker would not shut off after making a left turn now seems to like shutting off. I drove around and it shut off 5 of the 6 times I made a left turn. God healed my car. It is exciting!! Now if only the allergies I've been experiencing and my brother will be healed...

I tell you God's yoke is easy and His burden is light. He only wants all of our hearts, and abide in Him, and then to quit and let Him do through us what we could never do on our own. May He receive glory from our lives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crown College Chapel said...

PR, you are amazing! I am so glad that you are challenged and having to trust God for everything...Blessings on all you go to the cross for this summer!

Wed Jun 20, 08:05:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home