Tuesday, February 22, 2005

More Radiation Info & Tattoos

I am currently waiting for my radiation doctor to get back to me on when I start - either Thursday or Tuesday - and exactly how much radiation I will need. He gave some approximations today, but they needed to do some different scans to be sure. It took about 15 minutes to do the scans today. So now a physicist and the radiation doctor will do the figuring. I always wondered if multivariable calculus really would ever help me...

*************************

I am not a big fan of tattoos. I find them quite ugly. I planned on going through my life without ever getting any. Now I have three of them. It isn't quite what you think. For radiation, they tattoo three tiny dots on me (one in front, and one on each side) in order to line me up for radiation in the right place. The tattoos look like someone made a freckle on me with a Sharpie. They weren't overly painful, but why would anyone want to get a huge tattoo and subject themselves to that much pain? I guess I just don't understand...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home