Sunday, May 28, 2006

So I'm practically blown away by the awesomeness of the lyrics of Disciple

Into Black
Tomorrow may never come
An everyday possible prophecy
If I’m hated or if I’m adored
I will not question You here with me

This solemn truth I will depend on
That You could never even think of failing

When all others start to fade away (Into Black)
I won’t worry, I know You are with me
When the sky is falling down on me (And turns me back)
I won’t worry, I know You are with me

I have nothing inside this world
But everything that I need’s in You
If for better or if for worse
Always and forever I am Yours

You can’t hold me back now
When it’s all coming down
I know I’ll be brought out
This can’t hold me back much longer
********************
Only You
You were the only one that I could turn to
You were the only one that could ever calm my sea
that seperated me from what you knew I could be, only You

And through it all, I'm Yours alone
I will live and die for You, only
I will die to live for You

You will be the one I will call by name
even when I find myself on either side of pain
You will be the reason for the breath I breath, only You

And through it all, I'm Yours alone
I will live and die for You, only
I will die to live for You

Take this burning heart that burns for You, make it what you want
Break it, mend it, it is Yours alone, for You I will live and die


To see the Bible Verses they come from click here then click song lyrics and manipulate the choose a song button.

If you want to hear the songs...
click here (note: they are a bit on the harder end of the spectrum...) They are tracks 3 & 4.
*******************************
Lastly, I really like "The Warrior is a Child" by Twila Parris

The whole lyrics are here.
But here's the chorus.
They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armour
The warrior is a child

3 Comments:

Blogger Vera Nadia said...

great lyrics.
i'd never heard disciple before this, that i know of. i like them. i'm still listening to their site. *grin*

I like twila paris too, she's got some good songs.

Mon Jun 05, 11:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Seltzer said...

So am I. So we are killing there bandwidth at 1 in the morning.

Mon Jun 05, 11:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Vera Nadia said...

how funny that i said the very same thing about disciple when i saw them in concert, "I've never heard of them before..."

Fri Nov 17, 12:31:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home