Monday, July 14, 2008

2 Things

I read this book lately called The Shack which I need to recommend. It is truly a fabulous book. Now, just because I recommend it does not mean that I completely agree with EVERYTHING said in it. However, that being the case it is a wonderful book. Here is a link to an interview of the author.
http://www.lifetoday.org/site/PageServer?pagename=tel_USCalendar_Jul08
Scroll down to July 14 and July 15th. If you read this today it might not be updated yet, but it is on the home page www.lifetoday.org

******************************************************************
Here's a good quote I found on interpreting the Bible
"I began learning to recognize God's voice through the study of Scripture. During one season of my life I spent considerable time in the Book of Ephesians. When I read, 'and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God' (Eph. 3:19), the Holy Spirit spoke to me. He told me that it meant that I could know by experience what would be beyond the reach of comprehension. Later I was able to do a word study and found that this was exactly the meaning of the verse in the original language.
Often I would come to the Bible with a need and God would address it clearly from His Word, again and again. There were times when He spoke so clearly from a verse, yet I knew that what was ministering to me wasn't what the writer originally intended. But it was a living word, a sword, ministering to the very need of my heart. It wasn't until years later that I learned that God didn't speak that way anymore.
I'm thankful I learned to hear God through the Scriptures before I found out what the rules were. It's like being told there are no miracles today. That laughable statement might have gotten my attention years ago, but it's way too late now. I've seen thousands." -Bill Johnson Dreaming With God p. 141-142 (all italics Bill's)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home